read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Believers Pray for Courage
Today's Passage: Acts 4:23-36
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Called to Evaluate Our Choices
23. As soon as they were freed, Peter and John returned to the other believers and told them what the leading priests and elders had said.
24. When they heard the report, all the believers lifted their voices together in prayer to God: "O Sovereign Lord, Creator of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them ⏤
25. you spoke long ago by the Holy Spirit through our ancestor David, your servant, saying,
'Why were the nations so angry? Why did they waste their time with futile plans? 26. The kings of the earth prepared for battle; the rulers gathered together against the LORD and against his Messiah.'
27. "In fact, this has happened here in this very city! For Herod Antipas, Pontius Pilate the governor, the Gentiles, and the people of Israel were all united against Jesus, your holy servant, whom you anointed.
28. But everything they did was determined beforehand according to your will.
29. And now, O Lord, hear their threats, and give us, your servants, great boldness in preaching your word.
30. Stretch out your hand with healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus."
31. After this prayer, the meeting place shook, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. Then they preached the word of God with boldness.
32. All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had.
33. The apostles testified powerfully to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God's great blessing was upon them all.
34. There were no needy people among them, because those who owned land or houses would sell them
35. and bring the money to the apostles to give to those in need.
36. For instance, there was Joseph, the one the apostles nicknamed Barnabas (which means "Son of Encouragement"). He was from the tribe of Levi and came from the island of Cyprus.
37. He sold a field he owned and brought the money to the apostles.
Acts 4:23-36 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.