read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Job's Second Test and Loss of His Health
Today's Passage: Job 2:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Oh My, I See Me.
1. One day the members of the heavenly court came again to present themselves before the LORD, and the Accuser, Satan, came with them.
2. Where have you come from?" the LORD asked Satan.
Satan answered the LORD. "I have been patrolling the earth, watching everything that's going on.
3. Then the LORD asked Satan, "Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless ⏤ a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil. And he has maintained his integrity, even though you urged me to harm him without cause."
4. Satan replied to the LORD. "Skin for skin! A man will give up everything he has to save his life.
5. But reach out and take away his health, and he will surely curse you to your face!"
6. "All right, do with him as you please," the LORD said to Satan. "But spare his life."
7. So Satan left the LORD'S presence, and he struck Job with terrible boils from head to foot.
8. Job scraped his skin with a piece of broken pottery as he sat among the ashes.
9. His wife said to him, "Are you still trying to maintain your integrity? Curse God and die."
10. But Job replied, "You talk like a foolish woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?" So in all this, Job said nothing wrong.
11. When three of Job's friends heard of the tragedy he had suffered, they got together and traveled from their homes to comfort and console him. Their names were Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite.
12. When they saw Job from a distance, they scarcely recognized him. Wailing loudly, they tore their robes and threw dust into the air over their heads to show their grief.
13. Then they sat on the ground with him for seven days and nights. No one said a word to Job, for they saw that his suffering was too great for words.
Job 1:1-13 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.