read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Solomon Builds the Temple
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 6:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
(And, But, So) the LORD says/said:...
1. It was in midspring, in the month of Ziv, during the fourth year of Solomon's reign, that he began to construct the Temple of the LORD. This was 480 years after the people of Israel were rescued from their slavery in the land of Egypt.
2. The Temple of King Solomon built for the LORD was 90 feet long, 30 feet wide, and 45 feet high.
3. The entry room at the front of the Temple was 30 feet wide, running across the entire width of the Temple It projected outward 15 feet from the front of the Temple.
4. Solomon also made narrow recessed windows throughout the Temple.
5. He built a complex of rooms against the outer walls of the Temple, all the way around the sides and rear of the building.
6. The complex was three stories high, the bottom floor being 7-1/2 feet wide, the second floor 9 feet wide, and the top floor 10-1/2 feet wide. The rooms were connected to the walls of the Temple by beams resting on ledges built out from the wall. So the beams were not inserted into the walls themselves.
7. The stones used in the construction of the temple were finished at the quarry, so there was no sound of hammer, ax, or any other iron tool at the building site.
8. The entrance to the bottom floor was on the south side of the Temple. There were winding stairs going up to the second floor, and another flight of stairs between the second and third floors.
9. After completing the Temple structure, Solomon put in a ceiling made of cedar beams and planks.
10. As already stated, he built a complex of rooms on three sides of the building, attached to the Temple walls by cedar timbers. Each story of the complex was 7-1/2 feet high.
11. Then the LORD gave this message to Solomon:
12. "Concerning this Temple you are building, if you keep all my decrees and regulations and obey all my commands, I will fulfill through you the promise I made to your father, David.
13. I will live among the Israelites and will never abandon my people Israel.
1 Kings 6:1-13 NLT
I normally don't add thoughts, but today I feel led to.
In this 6th chapter of 1 Kings we find the LORD speaking to Solomon.
I know how these words caused me to question myself.
Am I building the Temple (my body) that God has given me in a way that is edifying to the decrees and regulations Jehovah gave?
I know I fail ⏤ thanks to Jesus for coming and saving me.
But, I also know I want to do more and do it better.
Teach me how dear LORD.
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.