read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Rebellion of God's People
Today's Passage: Isaiah 1:1-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
(And, But, So) the LORD says/said:...
1. These are the visions that Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. He saw these visions during the years when Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah were kings of Judah.
A Message for Rebellious Judah
2. Listen, O heavens! Pay attention, earth! This is what the LORD says:
"The children I raised and cared for have rebelled against me.
3. Even the ox knows its owner, and a donkey recognizes its master's care ⏤ but Israel doesn't know its master. My people don't recognize my care for them."
4. Oh, what a sinful nation they are ⏤ loaded down with a burden of guilt. They are evil people, corrupt children who have rejected the LORD. They have despised the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him.
5. Why do you continue to invite punishment? Must you rebel forever? Your head is injured, and your heart is sick.
6. You are battered from head to foot⏤ covered with bruises, welts, and infected wounds ⏤ without any soothing ointments of bandages.
7. Your country lies in ruins, and your towns are burned. Foreigners plunder your fields before your eyes and destroy everything they see.
8. Beautiful Jerusalem stands abandoned like a watchman's shelter in a vineyard, like a lean-to in a cucumber field after the harvest, like a helpless city under siege.
9. If the LORD of Heaven's Armies had not spared a few of us, we would have been wiped out like Sodom, destroyed like Gomorrah.
10 Listen to the LORD, you leaders of "Sodom." Listen to the law of our God, people of "Gomorrah."
11. "What makes you think I want all your sacrifices?" says the LORD. "I am sick of your burnt offerings of rams and fat of fattened cattle. I get no pleasure from the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.
12. When you come to worship me, who asked you to parade through my courts with all your ceremony?
13. Stop bringing me your meaningless gifts; the incense of your offerings disgusts me! As for your celebrations of the new moon and the Sabbath and your special days for fasting ⏤ they are all sinful and false. I want no more of your pious meetings.
14. I hate your new moon celebrations and your annual festivals. They are a burden to me. I cannot stand them!
15. When you lift up your hands in prayer, I will not look. Though you offer many prayers. I will not listen, for your hands are covered with the blood of innocent victims.
16. Wash yourselves and be clean! Get your sins out of my sight. Give up your evil ways
17. Learn to do good. Seek Justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.
18. "Come now, let's settle this," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool.
19. If you will only obey me, you will have plenty to eat.
20. But if you turn away and refuse to listen, you will be devoured by the sword of your enemies. I, the LORD, have spoken!"
Isaiah 1:1-20 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.