read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Moses Appoints Leaders
Today's Passage: Deuteronomy 1:9-25
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Foreshadowing, Promises, and/or Fulfillment of Promises
9. Moses continued, "At that time I told you, 'You are too great a burden for me to carry all by myself.
10. The LORD your God has increased your population, making you as numerous as the stars!
11. And may the LORD, the God of your ancestors, multiply you a thousand times more and bless you as he promised! How can I deal with all your problems and bickering?
13. Choose some well-respected men from each tribe who are known for their wisdom and understanding, and I will appoint them as your leaders.'
14. "Then you responded, 'Your plan is a good one.'
15. So I took the wise and respected men you had selected from your tribes and appointed them to serve as judges and officials over you. Some were responsible for a thousand people, some for a hundred, some for fifty, and some for ten.
16. "At that time I instructed the judges, 'You must hear the cases of your fellow Israelites and the foreigners living among you. Be perfectly fair in your decisions
17. and impartial in your judgements. Hear the cases of those who are poor as well as those who are rich. Don't be afraid of anyone's anger, for the decision you make is God's decision. Bring me any cases that are too difficult for you, and I will handle them.'
18. "At that time I gave you instructions about everything you were to do.
19. "Then, just as the LORD our God commanded us we left Mount Sinai and traveled through the great and terrifying wilderness, as you yourselves remember, and headed toward the hill country of the Amorites. When we arrived at Kadeshbarnea,
20. I said to you, 'You have now reached the hill country of the Amorites that the LORD our God is giving us.
21. Look! He has placed the land in front of you. Go and occupy it as the LORD, the God of your ancestors, has promised you. Don't be afraid! Don't be discouraged!'
22. 'But you came tom me and said, 'First, let's send out scouts to explore the land for us. They will advise us on the best route to take and which towns we should enter.'
23. This seemed like a good idea to me, so I chose twelve scouts, one from each of your tribes.
24. They headed for the hill country and came to the valley of Eshcol and explored it.
25. They picked some of its fruit and brought it back to us. And they reported, 'The land the LORD our God has given us is indeed a good land.'
Deuteronomy 1:9-25 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.