read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Israel's Rebellion against the LORD
Today's Passage: Deuteronomy 1:26-46
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
26. "But you rebelled against the command of the LORD your God and refused to go in.
27. You complained in your tents and said 'The LORD must hate us. That's why he has brought us here from Egypt ⏤ to hand us over to the Amorites to be slaughtered.
28. Where can we go? Our brothers have demoralized us with their report. They tell us, "The people of the land are taller and more powerful than we are, and their towns are large, with walls rising high into the sky! We even saw giants there ⏤ the descendants of Anak!"'
29. "But I said to you, 'Don't be shocked or afraid of them!
30. The LORD your God is going ahead of you. He will fight for you, just as you saw him do in Egypt.
31. And you saw how the LORD your God cared for you all along the way as you traveled through the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child. Now he has brought you to this place.'
32. But even after all he did, you refused to trust the LORD your God,
33. Who goes before you looking for the best places to camp, guiding you with a pillar of fire by night and a pillar of cloud by day.
34. "When the LORD heard your complaining, he became very angry. So he solemnly swore,
35 'Not one of you from this wicked generation will live to see the good land I swore to give your ancestors,
36. except Caleb son of Jephunneh. He will see this land because he has followed the LORD completely. I will give to him and his descendants some of the very land he explored during his scouting mission.'
37. "And the LORD was also angry with me because of you. He said to me, 'Moses not even you will enter the Promised Land!
38. Instead, your assistant, Joshua son of Nun, will lead the people into the land. Encourage him, for he will lead Israel as they take possession of it.
39. I will give the land to your little ones ⏤ your innocent children. You were afraid they would be captured, but they will be the ones who occupy it.
40. As for you, turn around now and go on back through the wilderness toward the Red Sea.
41. "Then you confessed, 'We have sinned against the LORD! We will go into the land and fight for it, as the LORD our God has commanded us.' So your men strapped on their weapons, thinking it would be easy to attack the hill country.
42. "But the LORD told me to tell you, 'Do not attack, for I am not with you. If you go ahead on your own, you will be crushed by your enemies.'
43. "This is what I told you, but you would not listen. Instead, you again rebelled against the LORD's command and arrogantly went into the hill country to fight.
44. But the Amorites who lived there came out against you like a swarm of bees. They chased and battered you all the way form Seir to Hormah.
45. Then you returned and wept before the LORD, but he refused to listen.
46. So you stayed there at Kadesh for a long time.
Deuteronomy 1:26-46 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.