read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Justification by Faith
Today's Passage: Romans 3:21-31
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
For Familiar Passages. Read Anew!
Read the passage from Last to First!
Sometimes we have read a passage of Scripture so many times we can't see it with new eyes.
How can we change the passage without changing the meaning?
What would we see if we take a passage and begin with the last verse and read the verses from Chapter 3.
For example: Chapter 3:10-1.
21. But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses and prophets long ago.
22. We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
23. For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.
24. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.
25. For God presented Jesus as the sacrificed life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past,
26. for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus.
27. After all, is God the God of the Jews only? Isn't he also the God of the Gentiles? Of course he is.
30. There is only one God, and he makes people right with himself only by faith, whether they are Jews or Gentiles.
31. Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! in fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law.
Romans 3:21-31 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.