read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Cure for Anxiety
Today's Passage: Matthew 6:19-34
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Praising and Thanking God.
19. "Don't store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.
20. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.
21. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
22. "Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light.
23. But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is!
24. "No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
25. "That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life ⏤ whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing?
26. Look at the birds, They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?
27. Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
28. "And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing,
29. yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.
30. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
31. "So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?'
32. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.
33. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
34. "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.
Matthew 6:19-34 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.