read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Ark Brought into the Temple
Today's Passage:1 Kings 8:1-11
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Genealogies, Lists, and Such.
1. Solomon then summoned to Jerusalem the elders of Israel and all the heads of the tribes ⏤ the leaders of the ancestral families of the Israelites. They were to bring the Ark of the LORD'S Covenant to the Temple from its location in the City of David, also known as Zion.
2. So all the men of Israel assembled before King Solomon at the annual Festival of Shelters, which is held in early autumn in the month of Ethanim.
3. When all the elders of Israel arrived, the priests picked up the Ark.
4. The priests and Levites brought up the Ark of the LORD along with the special tent and all the sacred items that had been in it.
5. There, before the Ark, King Solomon and the entire community of Israel sacrificed so many sheep, goats, and cattle that no one could keep count!
6. Then the priests carried the Ark of the LORD'S Covenant into the inner sanctuary of the Temple ⏤ the Most Holy Place ⏤ and placed it beneath the wings of the cherubim.
7. The cherubim spread their wings over the Ark, forming a canopy over the Ark and its carrying poles.
8. These poles were so long that their ends could be seen from the Temple's main room ⏤ the Holy Place ⏤ but not from the outside. They are still there to this day.
9. Nothing was in the Ark except the two stone tablets that Moses had placed in it at Mount Sinai, where the LORD made a covenant with the people of Israel when they left the land of Egypt.
10. When the priests came out of the Holy Place, a thick cloud filled the Temple of the LORD.
11. The priests could not continue their service because of the cloud, for the glorious presence of the LORD filled the Temple.
1 Kings 8:1-11 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.