read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Prayer of Dedication
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 8:22-45
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
25. Then Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in front of the entire community of Israel. He lifted his hands toward heaven,
23. and he prayed,
"O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you in all of heaven above or on the earth below. You keep your covenant and show unfailing love to all who walk before you in wholehearted devotion.
24. You have kept your promise to your servant David, my father. You made that promise with your own mouth, and with your own hands you have fulfilled it today.
25. "And now, O LORD, God of Israel, carry out the additional promise you made to your servant David, my father. for you said to him, 'If your descendants guard their behavior and faithfully follow me as you have done, one of them will always sit on the throne of Israel.'
26. Now, O God of Israel, fulfill this promise to your servant David, my father.
27. "But will God really live on earth? Why, even the highest heavens cannot contain you. How much less this Temple I have built!
28. Nevertheless, listen to my prayer and my plea, O LORD my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is making to you today.
29. May you watch over this Temple night and day, this place where you have said, 'My name will be there.' May you always hear the prayers I make toward this place.
30. May you hear the humble and earnest requests from me and your people Israel when we pray toward this place. Yes, hear us from heaven where you live, and when you hear, forgive.
31. "If someone wrongs another person and is required to take an oath of innocence in front of your altar in this Temple,
32. then hear from heaven and judge between your servants ⏤ the accuser and the accused. Punish the guilty as they deserve. Acquit the innocent because of their innocence.
33. "If your people Israel are defeated by their enemies because they have sinned against you, and if they turn to you and acknowledge your name and pray to you here in this Temple,
34. then hear from heaven and forgive the sin of your people Israel and return them to this land you gave their ancestors.
35. "If the skies are shut up and there is no rain because your people have sinned against you, and if they pray toward this Temple and acknowledge your name and turn from their sins because you have punished them,
36. then hear from heaven and forgive the sins of your servants, your people Israel. Teach them to follow the right path, and send rain on your land that you have given to your people as their special possession.
37. "If there is a famine in the land or a plague or crop disease or attacks of locusts or caterpillars, or if your people's enemies are in the land besieging their towns ⏤whatever disaster or disease there is ⏤
38. and if your people Israel pray about their troubles, raising their hands toward this Temple,
39. then hear from heaven where you live and forgive. Give your people what their actions deserve, for you alone know each human heart.
40. Then they will fear you as long as they live in the land you gave to our ancestors.
41. "In the future, foreigners who do not belong to your people Israel will hear of you. They will come from distant lands because of your name,
42. for they will hear of your great name and your strong hand and your powerful arm. And when they pray toward this Temple,
43. then hear from heaven where you live, and grant what they ask of you. In this way, all the people of the earth will come to know and fear you, just as your own people Israel do. They, too, will know that this Temple I have built honors your name.
1 Kings 8:25-45 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.