read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 8:54-66
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Reading... Simple Act of Meditation
Simple acts of meditation are not difficult.
If they were difficult God would not encourage every person to do them.
They are sometimes uncomfortable.
But they are always profitable.
They bring us closer to the heart of God. We are to Hide His Words In Our Hearts.
54. When Solomon finished making these prayers and petitions to the LORD,, he stood up in front of the altar of the LORD where he had been kneeling with his hands raised toward heaven.
55. He stood and in a loud voice blessed the entire congregation of Israel:
56. "Praise the Lord who has given rest to his people Israel, just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the wonderful promises he gave through his servant Moses.
57. May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our ancestors; may he never leave us or abandon us.
58. May he give us the desire to do his will in everything and to obey all the commands, decrees, and regulations that he gave our ancestors.
59. And may these words that I have prayed in the presence of the LORD be before him constantly, day and night , so that the LORD our God may give justice to me and to his people Israel, according to each day's needs.
60. Then people all over the earth will know that the LORD alone is God and there is no other.
61. And may you be completely faithful to the LORD our God. May you always obey his decrees and commands, just as you are doing today."
62. Then the king and all Israel with him offered sacrifices to the LORD.
63. Solomon offered to the LORD a peace offering of 22, 000 cattle and 120.000 sheep and goats. And so the king and all the people of Israel dedicated the Temple of the LORD.
64. That same day the king consecrated the central area of the courtyard in front of the LORD"s Temple. He offered burnt offerings, grain offerings, and the fat of peace offerings there, because the bronze altar in the LORD'S presence was too small to hold all the burnt offerings, grain offerings, and the fat of the peace offerings.
65. Then Solomon and all Israel celebrated the Festival of Shelters in the presence of the LORD our God. A large congregation had gathered from as far away as Lebo-hamath in the north and the Brook of Egypt in the south. The celebration went on for fourteen days in all ⏤ and seven days for the Festival of Shelters.
66. After the festival was over, Solomon sent the people home. They blessed the king and went to their homes joyful and glad because the LORD had been good to his servant David and to his people Israel.
1 Kings 8:54-66 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.