read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Ahab's Victory over Ben-Hadad
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 20:13-22
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
God uses characters and jobs to prepare our hearts for truth.
13. Then a certain prophet came to see King Ahab of Israel and told him, "This is what the LORD says: Do you see all these enemy forces? Today I will hand them all over to you. Then you will know that I am the LORD."
14. Ahab asked, "How will he do it?"
And the prophet replied, "This is what the LORD says: The troops of the provincial commanders will do it."
"Should we attack first?" Ahab asked.
"Yes," the prophet answered.
15. So Ahab mustered the troops of the 232 provincial commanders. Then he called out the rest of the army of Israel, some 7,000 men .
16. About noontime, as Ben-hadad and the thirty-two allied kings were still in their tents drinking themselves into a stupor,
17. the troops of the provincial commanders marched out to the city as the first contingent.
As they approached, Ben-hadad's scouts reported to him, "Some troops are coming from Samaria."
18. "Take them alive," Ben-hadad commanded, "Whatever they have come for peace or for war."
19. But Ahab's provincial commanders and the entire army had now come out to fight.
20. Each Israelite soldier killed his Aramean opponent, and suddenly the entire Aramean army panicked and fled. The Israelites chased them, but King Ben-hadad and a few of his Charioteer escaped on horses.
21. However, the king of Israel destroyed the other horses and chariots and slaughtered the Arameans.
22. Afterward the prophet said to king Ahab, 'Get ready for another attack. Begin making plans now, for the king of Aram will come back next spring."
1 Kings 20:13-22 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.