read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Prophetic Call to Samuel
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 3:1-14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
History - So, now I know where it is.
Again, I would like to emphasize, simple acts of meditation are not so much difficult, as uncomfortable.
God wants you to know how His story happened.
How He created the earth, made his children, and how traditions became interwoven into his family.
1. Meanwhile, the boy Samuel served the LORD by assisting Eli. now in those days messages from the LORD were very rare, and visions were quite uncommon.
2. One night Eli, who was almost blind by now, had gone to bed.
3. The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was sleeping in the Tabernacle near the Ark of God.
4. Suddenly the LORD called out, "Samuel!"
"Yes?" Samuel replied. "What is it?"
5. He got up and ran to Eli. "Here I am. Did you call me?"
"I didn't call you," Eli replied. "Go back to bed." So he did.
6. Then the LORD called out again, "Samuel!"
Again Samuel got up and went to Eli. "Here I am. Did you call me?"
" I didn't call you, my son," Eli said. "Go back to bed."
7. Samuel did not yet know the LORD because he had never had a message from the LORD before.
8. So the LORD called a third time. and once more Samuel got up and went to Eli. "Here I am. Did you call me?
Then Eli realized it was the LORD who was calling the boy.
9. So he said to Samuel, "Go and lie down again, and if someone calls again, say, 'Speak, LORD, your servant is listening.'" So Samuel went back to bed.
10. And the LORD came and called as before, "Samuel! Samuel!"
And Samuel replied, "Speak, your servant is listening."
11. Then the LORD said to Samuel, "I am about to do a shocking thing in Israel.
12. I am going to carry out all my threats against Eli and his family, from beginning to end.
13. I have warned him that judgment is coming upon his family forever, because his sons are blaspheming God and he hasn't disciplined them.
14. So I have vowed that the sins of Eli and his sons will never be forgiven by sacrifices or offerings."
1 Samuel 3:1-14 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.