read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The King's Forgotten Dream
Today's Passage: Daniel 2:1-23
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. One night during the second year of his reign, Nebuchadnezzar had such disturbing dreams that he couldn't sleep.
2. He called in his magicians, enchanter, sorcerers, and astrologers, and he demanded that they tell him what he had dreamed. As they stood before the king,
3. he said, "I have had a dream that deeply troubles me, and I must know what it means."
4. Then the astrologers answered the king in Aramaic, "Long live the king! Tell us the dream, and we will tell you what it means."
5. But the king said to the astrologer, "I am serious about this. If you don't tell me you will be torn limb from limb, and your houses will be turned into heaps of rubble!
6. But if you tell me what I dreamed and what the dream means, I will give you many wonderful gifts and honors. Just tell me the dream and what it means!"
7. They said again, "Please, Your Majesty. Tell us the dream, and we will tell you what it means."
8. The king replied, "I know what you are doing! You're stalling for time because you know I am serious when I say,
9. 'If you don't tell me the dream, you are doomed.' So you have conspired to tell me lies, hoping I will change my mind. But tell me the dream, and then I'll know that you can tell me what it means."
10. The astrologers replied to the king, "No one on earth can tell the king his dream! And no king, however great and powerful, has ever asked such a thing of any magician, enchanter, or astrologer!
11. The king's demand is impossible. No one except the gods can tell you your dream, and they do not live here among people."
12. The king was furious when he heard this, and he ordered that all the wise men of Babylon be executed.
13. And because of the king's decree, men were sent to find and kill Daniel and his friends.
14. When Arioch, the commander of the king's guard, came to kill them, Daniel handled the situation with wisdom and discretion.
15. He asked Arioch, "Why has the king issued such a harsh decree?" So Arioch told him all that had happened.
16. Daniel went at once to see the king and requested more time to tell the king what the dream meant.
17. Then Daniel went home and told his friends Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah what had happened.
18. He urged them to ask the God of heaven to show them his mercy by telling them the secret, so they would not be executed along with the other wise men of Babylon.
19. That night the secret was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven.
20. He said, "Praise the name of God forever and ever, for he has all wisdom and power.
21. He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars.
22. He reveals deep and mysterious things and knows what lies hidden in darkness, though he is surrounded by light.
23. I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors, for you have given me wisdom and strength. You have told me what we asked of you and revealed to us what the king demanded."
Daniel 2:1-23 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.