read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Genealogy from Adam
Today's Passage: 1 Chronicles 1:1-50
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Genealogies, Lists, and Such.
1. The descendants of Adam were Seth, Enosh,
2. Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared,
3. Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech,
4. and Noah.
The sons of Noah were Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
Descendants of Japheth
5. The descendants of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras.
6. The descendants of Gomer were Ashkenaz, Riphath, and Togarmah.
7. The descendants of Javan were Elishah, Tarshish, Kittim, and Rodanim.
Descendants of Ham
8. The descendants of Ham were Cush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.
9. The descendants of Cush were Seba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah, and Sabteca. The descendants of Raamah were Sheba and Dedan.
10. Cush was also the ancestor of Nimrod, who was the first heroic warrior on earth.
11. Mizraim was the ancestor of the Ludites, Anamites, Lehabites, Naphtuhites,
12. Pathrsites, Casluhites, and the Caphtorites, from whom the Philistines came.
13. Canaan's oldest son was Sidon, the ancestor of he Sidonians. Canaan was also the ancestor of the Hittites,
14. Jebusites, Amorites, Girgashites,
15. Hivites, Arkites, Sinites,
16. Arvadites, Zemarites, adn Hamathites.
Descendants of Shem
17. The descendants of Shem were Elam, Asshur, Arphaxad, Lud, and Aram. The descendants of Aram were Uz, Hul, Gether, and Mash.
18. Arphaxad was the father of Shelah, Shelah was the father of Eber.
19. Eber had two sons. The first was named Peleg (which means "division"), for during his lifetime the people of the world were divided into different language groups. His brother's name was Joktan.
20. Joktan was the ancestor of Almodad Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah.
21. Haoram, Uzal, Diklah,
22. Obal, Abimael, Sheba,
23. Ophir, Havilah, and Jobab. All these were descendants of Joktan.
24. So this is the family line descended from Shem: Arphaxad, Shelah,
25. Eber, Peleg, Reu,
26. Serug, Nahor, Terah,
27. and Abram, later known as Abraham.
Descendants of Abraham
28. The sons of Abraham were Isaac and Ishmael.
29. These are their genealogical records;
The sons of Ishmael were Nebaioth (the oldest), Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam,
30. Mishma, Dumah, Massa, Hadad, Tema,
31. Jetar, Naphish, and Kedemah. These were the sons of Ishmael.
32. The sons of Keturah, Abraham's concubine, were Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah. The sons of Jokshan were Sheba and Dedan.
33. The sons of Midian were Ephah, Epher, Hanoch, Abida, and Eldaah. All these were descendants of Abraham through his concubine Keturah.
Descendants of Isaac
34. Abraham was the father of Isaac. The sons of Isaac were Esau and Israel.
Descendants of Esau
35. The sons of Esau were Eliphaz, Reuel, Jeush, Jalam, and Korah.
36. The sons of Eliphaz were Teman, Omar, Zepho, Gatam, Kenaz, and Amalek, who was born to Timna.
37. The sons of Reuel were Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
Original Peoples of Edom
38. The sons of Seir were Lotan, Shobal, Zibeon, Anah, Dishon, Ezer, and Dishan.
39. The sons of Lotan were Hori and Heman. Lotan's sister was named Timna.
40. The sons of Shobal were Alvan, Manahath, Ebal, Shepho, and Onam. The Sons of Zibeon were Aiah and Anah.
41.The son of Anah was Dishon. The sons of Dishon were Hemdan, Eshban, Ithran, and Keran.
42. The sons of Ezer were Bilhan, Zaavan, and Akan. The sons of Dishan were Uz and Aran.
Rulers of Edom
43. These are the kings who ruled in Edom before there were kings in Israel:
Bela son of Beor, who ruled from his city of Dinhabah
44. When Bela died, Jobab son of Zerah from Bozrah became king.
45. When Jobab died, Husham from the land of he Temanites became king.
46. When Husham died, Hadad son of Bedad became king and ruled from the city of Avith. He was the one who destroyed the Midianite army in the land of Moab.
47. When Hadad died, Samlah from the city of Masrekah became king.
48. When Samlah died, Shaul from the city of Rehoboth on the river became king.
49. When Shaul died, Baal-hanan son of Acbor became king.
50. When Baal-hanan died, Hadad became king and ruled from the city of Pau. HIs wife was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred and granddaughter of Me-zahab.
51. Then Hadad died.
The clan leadrs of Edom were Timna, Alvah, Jetheth,
52. Oholibamah, Elah, Pinon,
53. Kenaz, Teman, Mibzar,
54. Magdiel, and Iram. These were the clan leaders of Edom.
1 Chronicles 1:1-54
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.