read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Siege of Jerusalem Predicted
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 4:1-17
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Called to Evaluate Our Choices
1. "And now, son of man, take a large clay brick and set it down in front of you. Then draw a map of the city of Jerusalem on it.
2. Show the city under siege. Build a wall around it so no one can escape. Set up the enemy camp, and surround the city with siege ramps and battering rams.
3. Then take an iron griddle and place it between you and the city. Turn toward the city and demonstrate how harsh the siege will be against Jerusalem. This will be a warning to the people of Israel.
4. "Now lie on your left side and place the sins of Israel on yourself. You are to bear their sins for the number of days you lie there on your side.
5. I am requiring you to bear Israel's sins for 390 days ⏤ one day for each year of their sin.
6. After that, turn over and lie on your right side for 40 days ⏤ one day for each year of Judah's sin.
7. "Meanwhile, keep staring at the siege of Jerusalem. Lie there with your arm bared and prophesy her destruction.
8. I will tie you up with ropes so you won't be able to turn from side to side until days of your siege have been completed.
9. "Now go and get some wheat, barley, beans, lentils, millet, and emmer wheat, and mix them together in a storage jar. Use them to make bread for yourself during the 390 days you will be lying on your side.
10. Ration this out to yourself, eight ounces of food for each day, and eat it at set times.
11. Then measure out a jar of water for each day, and drink it at set times.
12. Prepare and eat this food as you would barley cakes. While all the people are watching, bake it over a fire using dried human dung as fuel and then eat the bread.."
13. Then the LORD said, "This is how Israel will eat defiled bread in the Gentile lands to which I will banish them!"
14. Then I said, "O Sovereign LORD, must I be defiled by using human dung? For I have never been defiled before. From the time I was a child until now I have never eaten any animal that died of sickness or was killed by other animals. I have never eaten any meat forbidden by the law."
15. "All right," the LORD said "You may bake your bread with cow dung instead of human dung"
16. Then he told me, "Son of man, I will make food very scarce in Jerusalem. It will be weighed out with great care and eaten fearfully. The water will be rationed out drop by drop, and the people will drink it with dismay.
17. Lacking food and water, people will look at one another in terror, and they will waste away under their punishment.
Ezekiel 4:1-17 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.