read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The destruction of the Jewish Nation is granted by Xerxes.
1. Today's Passage: Esther 3:1-15
Are you getting to know your bible?
Or if it is better for you find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or for your convenience I have typed the chapter below from the New Living Testament (NLT).
1. Some time later King Xerxes promoted Haman son of Hammedatha the Agagite over all the other nobles, making him the most powerful official in the empire.
2. All the king's officials would bow down before Haman to show him respect whenever he passed by, for so the king had commanded. But Mordecai refused to bow down or show him respect.
3. Then the palace officials at the king's gate asked Mordecai, "Why are you disobeying the king's command?"
4. They spoke to him day after day, but still he refused to comply with the order. So they spoke to Haman about this to see if he would tolerate Mordecai's conduct, since Mordecai had told them he was a Jew.
5. When Haman saw that Mordecai would not bow down or show him respect, he was filled with rage.
6. He had learned of Mordecai's nationality, so he decided it was not enough to lay hands on Mordecai alone. Instead, he looked for a way to destroy all the Jews throughout the entire empire of Xerxes.
7. So in the month of April, during the twelfth year of King Xerxes' reign, lots were cast in Haman's presence (the lots were called purim) to determine the best day and month to take action. And the day selected was March 7, nearly a year later.
8. Then Haman approached King Xerxes and said, "There is a certain race of people scattered through all the provinces of your empire who keep themselves separate from everyone else. Their laws are different from those of any other people, and they refuse to obey the laws of the king. So it is not in the king's interest to let them live.
9. If it please the king, issue a decree that they be destroyed, and I will give 10,000 large sacks of silver to the government administrators to be deposited in the royal treasure."
10. The king agreed, confirming his decision by removing his signet ring from his finger and giving it to Haman son of Hammedatha the Agagite, the enemy of the Jews.
11. The king said, "The money and the people are both yours to do with as you see fit."
12. So on April 17 the king's secretaries were summoned, and a decree was written exactly as Haman dictated. It was sent to the king's highest officers, the governors of the respective provinces, and the nobles of each province in their own scripts and languages. The decree was written in the name of King Xerxes and sealed with the king's signet ring.
13. Dispatches were sent by swift messengers into all the provinces of the empire, giving the order that all Jews⎯young and old, including women and children⎯must be killed, slaughtered, and annihilated on a single day. This was scheduled to happen on March 7 of the next year. The property of the Jews would be given to those who killed them.
14. A copy of this decree was to be issued as law in every province and proclaimed to all peoples, so that they would be ready to do their duty on the appointed day.
15. At the king's command, the decree went out by swift messengers, and it was also proclaimed in the fortress of Susa. Then the king and Haman sat down to drink, but the city of Susa fell into confusion.
Esther 3:1-15 NLT
2. I encourage you to use
the 6th Strategy:
Cause and Effect in our Reading, Reflecting Strategies here!
3. There are many characters in this story.
Are you following the plot?
Are you finding this relevant in our world today?
How do you think God will work this out?
4. Thank you for being here. I know it is still just beginning,
Continue to pray as we have new members that are a little apprehensive to speak yet.
Please be bold in this community.
We are in a safe place where we are meditating on what these verses mean to each one of us in our own hearts.
Thank you for leaving your name and last initial in the comments.
Please consider leaving a comment if God leads you to.
Also, please feel free to encourage the others that are writing with a reply.
In His Name we endeavor to get to know Him by reading His Words.
Problems? Email Biff at email@example.com
Unsubscribe? Feel free at anytime.
Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email and send it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org -
You money will be reimbursed as to our initial agreement.
RR&BC,LLC©2016 All writing is protected by copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.