read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Saul in Damascus and Jerusalem
Today's Passage: Acts 9:20-31
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
19. Saul stayed with the believers in Damascus for a few days.
20. And immediately he began preaching about Jesus in the synagogues, saying, "He is indeed the Son of God!"
21. All who heard him were amazed "Isn't this the same man who caused such devastation among Jesus' followers in Jerusalem?" they asked. "And didn't he come here to arrest them and take them in chains to the leading priests?"
22. Saul's preaching became more and more powerful, and the Jews in Damascus couldn't refute his proofs that Jesus was indeed the Messiah.
23. After a while some of the Jews plotted together to kill him.
24. They were watching for him day and night at the city gate so they could murder him, but Saul was told about their plot.
25. So during the night, some of the other believers lowered him in a large basket through an opening in the city wall.
26, When Saul arrived in Jerusalem, he tried to meet with the believers, but they were all afraid of him. They did not believe he had truly become a believer!
27. Then Barnabas brought him to the apostles and told them how Saul had seen the Lord on the way to Damascus and how the Lord had spoken to Saul. He also told them that Saul had preached boldly in the name of Jesus in Damascus.
28. So Saul stayed with the apostles and went all around Jerusalem with them, preaching boldly in the name of the Lord.
29. He debated with some Greek-speaking Jews, but they tried to murder him.
30. When the believers heard about this they took him down to Caesarea and sent him away to Tarsus, his hometown.
31. The church then had peace throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria and it became stronger as the believers lived in the fear of the Lord And with the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, it also grew in numbers.
Acts 9:20-31 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.