read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Warning Against Adultery
Today's Passage: Proverbs 5:1-23
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. My son, pay attention to my wisdom, listen carefully to my wise counsel.
2. Then you will show discernment, and your lips will express what you've learned.
3. For the lips of an immoral woman are as sweet as honey, and her mouth is smoother than oil.
4. But in the end she is as bitter as poison, as dangerous as a double-edged sword.
5. Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave.
6. For she cares nothing about the path to life. She staggers down a crooked trail and doesn't realize it.
7. So now, my sons, listen to me. Never stray from what I am about to say:
8. Stay away from her! Don't go near the door of her house!
9. If you do, you will lose your honor and will lose to merciless people all you have achieved.
10. Strangers will consume your wealth, and someone else will enjoy the fruit of your labor.
11. In the end you will groan in anguish when disease consumes your body.
12. You will say; "How I hated discipline! If only I had not ignored all the warnings!
13. Oh, why didn't I listen to my teachers? Why didn't I pay attention to my instructors?
14. I have come to the brink of utter ruin, and now I must face public disgrace."
15. Drink water from your own well ⏤ share your love only with your wife.
16. Why spill the water of your springs in the streets, having sex with just anyone?
17. You should reserve it for yourselves. Never share it with strangers.
18. Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19. She is a loving deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts satisfy you always. May you always be captivated by her love.
20 Why be captivated, my son, by an immoral woman, or fondle the breasts of a promiscuous woman?
21. For the LORD sees clearly what a man does, examining every path he takes.
22. An evil man is held captive by his own sins; they are ropes that catch and hold him.
23. He will die for lack of self-control; he will be lost because of his great foolishness.
Proverbs 5:1-23 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.