read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
One of the Seven Angels
Today's Passage: Revelations 21:9-27
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
History - So, now I know where it is.
Again, I would like to emphasize, simple acts of meditation are not so much difficult, as uncomfortable.
God wants you to know how His story happened.
How He created the earth, made his children, and how traditions became interwoven into his family.
9. Then one of the seven angels who held the seven bowls containing the seven last plagues came and said to me, "Come with me! I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb."
10. So he took me in the Spirit to a great high mountain, and he showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.
11. It shone with the glory of God and sparkled like a precious stone ⏤ like jasper as clear as crystal.
12. The city wall was broad and high, with twelve gates guarded by twelve angels. And the names of the twelve tribes of Israel were written on the gates.
13. There were three gates on each side ⏤ east, north, south, and west.
14. The wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were written the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15. The angel who talked to me held in his hand a gold measuring stick to measure the city, its gates, and its wall.
16. When he measured it, he found it was a square, as wide as it was long. In fact, its length and width and height were each 1,400 miles.
17. Then he measured the walls and found them to be 216 feet thick (according to the human standard used by the angel).
18. The wall was made of jasper, and the city was pure gold, as clear as glass.
19. The wall of the city was built on foundation stones inlaid with twelve precious stones: the first was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald,
20. the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst.
21. The twelve gates were made of pearls ⏤ each gate from a single pearl! And the main stret was pure gold, as clear as glass.
22. I saw no temple in the city, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
23. And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light.
24. The nations will walk in its light, and the kings of the world will enter the city in all their glory.
25. Its gates will never be closed at the end of day because there is no night there.
26. And all the nations will bring their glory and honor into the city.
27. Nothing evil will be allowed to enter, nor anyone who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty ⏤ but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
Revelations 21:9-27 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.