read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Esther is a pretty smart cookie.
1. Today's Passage: Esther 5:1-8
Are you getting to know your bible?
Or if it is better for you find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or for your convenience I have typed the chapter below from the New Living Testament (NLT).
1. On the third day of the fast, Esther put on her royal robes and entered the inner court of the palace, just across from the king's hall. The king was sitting on his royal thrown, facing the entrance.
2. When he saw Queen Esther standing there in the inner court, he welcomed her and held out the gold scepter to her. So Esther approached and touched the end of the scepter.
3. Then the king asked her, "What do you want, Queen Esther? What is your request? I will give it to you, even if it is half the kingdom!"
4. And Esther replied, "If it please the king, let the king and Haman come today to a banquet I have prepared for the king."
5. The king turned to his attendants and said, "Tell Haman to come quickly to a banquet, as Esther has requested." So the king and Haman went to Esther's banquet.
6. And while they were drinking wine, the king said to Esther, "Now tell me what you really want. What is your request? I will give it to you even if it is half the kingdom!"
7. Esther replied, "This is my request and deepest wish.
8. If I have found favor with the king and if it pleases the king to grant my request and do what I ask, please come with Haman tomorrow to the banquet I will prepare for you. Then I will explain what this is all about."
Esther 5:1-8 NLT
2. What an amazing story.
What is Esther up to?
I encourage you to investigate this passage with the
6th Reading/Reflecting Strategy: Cause and Effect
The story and plot increase.
I know that all of us have heard of Esther,
but actually reading through the book is always interesting.
Esther is becoming the Queen she has been named to be.
We beseech you today. Please allow us to meditate on this historical story.
Allow us as a community to understand possibilities
in each of our own business worlds, relational worlds,
and even spiritual worlds to be cracked open and shaken up for your Glory.
May we have our eyes opened to new ways to relate to others.
May we be respectful, listen to our mentors, stand up in courage, and act in wisdom.
For Your Presence to deepen us.
Love You Abba
In Your Name I Pray
4. Please leave your name and your last initial.
We are so happy you are here.
Looking forward to the unfolding of this story in these next few days.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.