read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God's Glory Departs From the Temple
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 10:1-22
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Asking Questions About the Passage and How the Passage Changes Me.
`1. In my vision I saw what appeared to be a throne of blue lapis lazuli above the crystal surface over the heads of the cherubim.
2. Then the LORD spoke to the man in linen clothing and said, "Go between the whirling wheels beneath the cherubim, and take a handful of burning coals and scatter them over the city." He said this as I watched.
3. The cherubim were standing at the south end of the Temple when the man went in, and the cloud of glory filled the inner courtyard.
4. Then the glory of the LORD rose up from above the cherubim and went over to the door of the Temple. The Temple was filled with this cloud of glory, and the courtyard glowed brightly with the glory of the LORD.
5. The moving wings of the cherubim sounded like the voice of God Almighty and could be heard even in the outer courtyard.
6. The LORD said to the man in linen clothing, "Go between the cherubim and take some burning coals from between the wheels." So the man went in and stood beside one of the wheels.
7. Then one of the cherubim reached out his hand and took some live coals from the fire burning among them. He put the coals into the hands of the man in linen clothing, and the man took them and went out.
8. (All the cherubim had what looked like human hands under their wings.)
9. I looked, and each of the four cherubim had a wheel beside him, and the wheels sparkled like beryl.
10. All four wheels looked alike and were made the same; each wheel had a second wheel turning crosswise within it.
11. The cherubim could move in any of the four directions they faced, without turning as they moved. They went straight in the direction they faced, never turning aside.
12. Both the cherubim and the wheels were covered with eyes. The cherubim had eyes all over their bodies, including their hands, their backs, and their wings.
13. I heard someone refer to the wheels as "the whirling wheels."
14. Each of the four cherubim had four faces: the first was the face of an ox, the second was a human face, the third was the face of a lion and the fourth was the face of an eagle.
15. Then the cherubim rose upward. These were the same living beings I had seen beside the Kebar River.
16. When the cherubim moved the wheels moved with them. When they lifted their wings to fly, the wheels stayed beside them.
17. When the cherubim stopped, the wheels stopped. When they flew upward, the wheels rose up, for the spirit of the living beings was in the wheels.
18. Then the glory of the LORD moved out from the door of the Temple and hovered above the cherubim.
19. And as I watched the cherubim flew with their wheels to the east gate of the LORD'S Temple. And the glory of the God of Israel hovered above them.
20. These were the same living beings I had seen beneath the God of Israel when I was by the Kebar River. I knew they were cherubim,
21. for each had four faces and four wings and what looked like human hands under their wings.
22. And their faces were just like the faces of the beings I had seen at the Kebar, and they traveled straight ahead, just as the others had.
Ezekiel 10:1-20 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.