read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Philemon Receives a Letter
Today's Passage: Philemon
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
1. This letter is from Paul, a prisoner for preaching the Good News about Christ Jesus, and from our brother Timothy.
I am writing to Philemon, our beloved co-worker,
2. and to our sister Apphia, and to our fellow soldier Archippus, and to the church that meets in your house.
3. May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
4. I always thank my God when I pray for you, Philemon,
5. because I keep hearing about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all of God's people.
6. And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ.
7. Your love has given me much joy and comfort, my brother, for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God's people.
8. That is why I am boldly asking a favor of you. I could demand it in the name of Christ because it is the right thing for you to do.
9. But because of our love, I prefer simply to ask you. Consider this as a request from me ⏤ Paul, an old man and now also a prisoner for the sake of Christ Jesus.
10. I appeal to you to show kindness to my child, Onesimus. I became his father in the faith while here in prison.
11. Onesimus hasn't been of much use to you in the past, but now he is very useful to both of us.
12. I am sending him back to you, and with him comes my own heart.
13. I wanted to keep him here with me while I am in these chains for preaching the Good News, and he would have helped me on your behalf.
14. But I didn't want to do anything without your consent. I wanted you to help because you were willing, not because you were forced.
15. It seems you lost Onesimus for a little while so that you could have him back forever.
16. He is no longer like a slave to you. He is more than a slave, for he is a beloved brother, especially to me. Now he will mean much more to you, both as a man and as a brother in the Lord.
17. So if you consider me your partner, welcome him as you would welcome me.
18. If he has wronged you in any way or owes you anything, charge it to me.
19. I, PAUL, WRITE THIS WITH MY OWN HAND. I WILL REPAY IT. AND I WON'T MENTION THAT YOU OWE ME YOUR VERY SOUL!
20. Yes, my brother, please do me this favor for the Lord's sake. Give me this encouragement in Christ.
21. I am confident as I write this letter that you will do what I ask and even more!
22. One more thing ⏤ please prepare a guest room for me, for I am hoping that God will answer your prayers and let me return to you soon.
23. Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, sends you his greetings,
24. So do Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, and Luke, my co-workers.
25. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.