read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Haman's pride is revealed.
1. Today's Passage: Esther 5:9-14
Get to know your bible.
Or, find the New American Standard Bible (NASB) version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience, I have typed the verses below from the New Living Testament (NLT).
9. Haman was a happy man as he left the banquet! But when he saw Mordecai sitting at the palace gate, not standing up or trembling nervously before him, Haman became furious.
10. However, he restrained himself and went on home.
Then Haman gathered together his friends and Zeresh, his wife,
11. and boasted to them about his great wealth and his many children. He bragged about the honors the king had given him and how he had been promoted over all the other nobles and officials.
12. Then Haman added, "And that's not all! Queen Esther invited only me and the king himself to the banquet she prepared for us. And she has invited me to dine with her and the king again tomorrow!"
13. Then he added, "But this is all worth nothing as long as I see Mordecai the Jew just sitting there at the palace gate."
14. So Haman's wife, Zeresh, and all his friends suggested, "Set up a sharpened pole that stands seventy-five feet tall and in the morning ask the king to impale Mordecai on it. When this is done, you can go on your merry way to the banquet with the king." This pleased Haman, and he ordered the pole set up.
Esther 5:9-14 NLT
2. What are your thoughts of Haman?
What are your thoughts about Mordecai?
There are several characters presented in this particular slice of the passage.
Do you relate to any of them?
Can you see sections of yourself, in your past perhaps even in your present state of mind?
Come to us and do some open heart surgery.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10)
Thank You Jehoshua
4. I hope you are getting as much out of this book as I am.
Please leave your name and your last initial.
We are built up by each other's presence.
May God continue to help us plant this seed of faithful reading, reflecting, and testifying.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.