read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Miracles and Faith
Today's Passage: Mark 5:21-43
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Are Miracles Involved?
21. Jesus got into the boat again and went back to the other side of the lake, where a large crowd gathered around him on the shore.
22. Then a leader of the local synagogue, whose name was Jairus, arrived. When he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet,
23. pleading fervently with him. "My little daughter is dying ," he said. "Please come and lay your hands on her; heal her so she can live."
24. Jesus went with him, and all the people followed, crowding around him.
25. A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding.
26. She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse.
27. She had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind him through the crowd and touched his robe.
28. For she thought to herself, "If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed."
29. Immediately the bleeding stopped, and she could feel in her body that she had been healed of her terrible condition.
30. Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my robe?"
31. His disciples said to him, Look at this crowd pressing around you. How can you ask, 'Who touched me?'"
32. But he kept on looking around to see who had done it.
33. Then the frightened woman, trembling at the realization of what had happened to her, came and fell to her knees in front of him and told him what she had done.
34. And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you will. Go in peace. Your suffering is over."
35. While he was still speaking to her, messengers arrived from the home of Jairus, the leader of the synagogue. They told him, "Your daughter is dead. There's no use troubling the Teacher now."
36. "But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid, Just have faith."
37. Then Jesus stopped the crowd and wouldn't let anyone go with him except Peter, James, and John (the brother of James).
38. When they came to the home of the synagogue leader, Jesus saw much commotion and weeping and wailing.
39. He went inside and asked, "Why all this commotion and weeping? The child isn't dead; she's only asleep."
40. The crowd laughed at him. But he made them all leave, and he took the girl's father and mother and his three disciples into the room where the girl was lying.
41. Holding her hand, he said to her "Talitha Koum," which means "Little girl, get up!"
42. And the girl, who was twelve years old immediately stood up and walked around! They were overwhelmed and totally amazed.
43. Jesus gave them strict orders not to tell anyone what had happened, and then he told them to give her something to eat.
Mark 5:21-43 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.