read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Visit of the Queen of Sheba
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 10:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
History - So, now I know where it is.
Again, I would like to emphasize, simple acts of meditation are not so much difficult, as uncomfortable.
God wants you to know how His story happened.
How He created the earth, made his children, and how traditions became interwoven into his family.
1. When the queen of Sheba heard of Solomon's fame, which brought honor to the name of the LORD, she came to test him with hard question.
2. She arrived in Jerusalem with a large group of attendants and a great caravan of camels loaded with spices, large quantities of gold, and precious jewels. When she met with Solomon, she talked with him about everything she had on her mind.
3. Solomon had answers for all her questions; nothing was too hard for the king to explain to her.
4. When the queen of Sheba realized how very wise Solomon was, and when she saw the palace he had built,
5. she was overwhelmed. She was also amazed at the food on his tables, the organization of his officials and their splendid clothing, the cup-bearers, and the burnt offering Solomon made at the Temple of the LORD.
6. She exclaimed to the king, "Everything I heard in my country about your achievements and wisdom is true!
7. I didn't believe what was said until I arrived here and saw it with my own eyes. In fact, I had not heard the half of it! Your wisdom and prosperity are far beyond what I was told.
8. How happy your people must be! What a privilege for your officials to stand here day after day, listening to your wisdom!
9. Praise the LORD your God, who delights in you and has placed you on the throne of Israel. Because of the LORD'S eternal love for Israel, he has made you king so you can rule with justice and righteousness."
10. Then she gave the king a gift of 9,000 pounds of gold, great quantities of spices, and precious jewels. Never again were so many spices brought in as those the queen of Sheba gave to King Solomon.
11. (In addition, Hiram's ships brought gold from Ophir, and they also brought rich cargoes of red sandalwood and precious jewels.
12. The king used the sandalwood to make railings for the Temple of the LORD and the royal palace, and to construct lyres and harps for the musicians. Never before or since has there been such a supply of sandalwood.)
13. King Solomon gave the queen of Sheba whatever she asked for, besides all the customary gifts he had so generously given. Then she and all her attendants returned to their own land.
1 Kings 10:1-13 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.