read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Solomon's Wealth and Splendor
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 10:14-28
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
14. Each year Solomon received about 25 tons of gold.
15. This did not include the additional revenue he received from merchants and traders, all the kings of Arabia, and the governors of the land.
16. King Solomon made 200 large shields of hammered gold, each weighing more than fifteen pounds.
17. He also made 300 smaller shields of hammered gold, each weighing nearly four pounds. The king placed these shields in the Palace of the Forest of Lebanon.
18. Then the king made a huge throne, decorated with ivory and overlaid with fine gold.
19. The throne had six steps and a rounded back. There were armrests on both sides of the seat, and the figure of a lion stood on each end of the six steps. No other throne in all the world could be compared with it!
20. There were also twelve other lions, one standing on each end of the six steps. No other throne in all the world could be compared with it!
21. All of King Solomon's drinking cups were solid gold, as were all the utensils in the Palace of the Forest of Lebanon. They were not made of silver, for silver was considered worthless in Solomon's day!
22. The king had a fleet of trading ships that sailed with Hiram's fleet. Once every three years the ships returned, loaded with gold, silver, ivory, apes, and peacocks.
23. So King Solomon became richer and wiser than any other king on earth.
24. People from every nation came to consult him and to hear the wisdom God had given him.
25. Year after year everyone who visited brought him gifts of silver and gold, clothing, weapons, spices, horses, and mules.
26. Solomon built up a large force of chariots and horses. He had 14,000 chariots and 12,000 horses. He stationed some of them in the chariot cities and some near him in Jerusalem.
27. The king made silver as plentiful in Jerusalem as stone. And valuable cedar timber was as common as the sycamore-fig trees that grow in the foothills of Judah.
28. Solomon's horses were imported from Egypt and from Cilicia; the king's traders acquired them from Cilicia at the standard price.
29. At that time chariots from Egypt could be purchased for 600 pieces of silver, and horses for 150 pieces of silver. They were then exported to the kings of the Hittites and the king of Aram.
1 Kings 10:14-29 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.