read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Peter Visits Cornelius
Today's Passage: Acts 10:9-33
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Asking Questions About the Passage and How the Passage Changes Me.
9. The next day as Cornelius' messengers were nearing the town, Peter went up on the flat roof to pray. It was about noon,
10. and he was hungry. But while a meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance.
11. He saw the sky open, and something like a large sheet was let down by its four corners.
12. In the sheet were all sorts of animals, reptiles, and birds.
13. Then a voice said to him, "Get up, Peter; kill and eat them."
14. "No, Lord," Peter declared. "I have never eaten anything that our Jewish laws have declared impure and unclean."
15, But the voice spoke again: "Do not call something unclean if God has made it clean."
16. The same vision was repeated three times. Then the sheet was suddenly pulled up to heaven.
17. Peter was very perplexed. What could the vision mean? Just then the men sent by Cornelius found Simon's house. Standing outside the gate,
18. they asked if a man named Simon Peter was staying there.
19. Meanwhile, as Peter was puzzling over the vision, the Holy Spirit said to him, "Three men have come looking for you.
20. Get up, go downstairs, and go with them without hesitation. Don't worry, for I have sent them."
21. So Peter went down and said, "I'm the man you are looking for. Why have you come?"
22. They said, "We were sent by Cornelius, a Roman officer. He is a devout and God-fearing man, well respected by all the Jews. A holy angel instructed him to summon you to his house so that he can hear your message."
23. So Peter invited the men to stay for the night. The next day he went with them, accompanied by some of the brothers from Joppa.
24. They arrived in Caesarea the following day. Cornelius was waiting for them and had called together his relatives and close friends.
25. As Peter entered his home, Cornelius fell at his feet and worshiped him.
26. But Peter pulled him up and said, "Stand up! I'm a human being just like you!"
27. So they talked together and went inside, where many others were assembled.
28. Peter told them, "You know it is against our laws for a Jewish man to enter a Gentile home like this or to associate with you. But God has shown me that I should no longer think of anyone as impure or unclean.
29. So I came without objection as soon as I was sent for. Now tell me why you sent for me."
30. Cornelius replied, "Four days ago I was praying in my house about this same time, three o'clock in the afternoon. Suddenly, a man in dazzling clothes was standing in front of me.
31. He told me, 'Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your gifts to the poor have been noticed by God!
32. Now send messengers to Joppa, and summon a man named Simon Peter. He is staying in the home of Simon, a tanner who lives near the seashore.'
33. So I sent for you at once, and it was good of you to come. Now we are all here, waiting before God to hear the message the Lord has given you."
Acts 10:9-33 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.