read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Cain and Abel
Today's Passage: Genesis 4:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Asking Questions About the Passage and How the Passage Changes Me.
1. Now Adam had sexual relations with his wife, Eve, and she became pregnant. When she gave birth to Cain, she said, "With the LORD'S help, I have produced a man!"
2. Later she gave birth to his brother and named him Abel.
When they grew up, Abel became a shepherd, while Cain cultivated the ground.
3. When it was time for the harvest, Cain presented some of his crops as a gift to the LORD.
4. Abel also brought a gift — the best of the firstborn lambs from his flock. The LORD accepted Abel and his gift,
5. but he did not accept Cain and his gift. This made Cain very angry, and he looked dejected.
6. "Why are you so angry?" the LORD asked Cain. "Why do you look so dejected?
7 You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master."
8. One day Cain suggested to his brother, "Let's go out into the fields." And while they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother, Abel, and killed him.
9. Afterward the LORD asked Cain, "Where is your brother? Where is Abel?"
"I don't know," Cain responded. "Am I my brother's guardian?"
10. But the LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground!
11. Now you are cursed and banished from the ground, which has swallowed your brother's blood.
12. No longer will the ground yield good crops for you, no matter how hard you work! From now on you will be a homeless wanderer on the earth."
13. Cain replied to the LORD. "My punishment is too great for me to bear!
14. You have banished me from the land and from your presence; you have made me a homeless wanderer. Anyone who finds me will kill me!"
15. The LORD replied, "No, for I will give a sevenfold punishment to anyone who kills you." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain to warn anyone who might try to kill him.
16. So Cain left the LORD'S presence and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.
Genesis 4:1-16 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.