read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus our Great High Priest
Today's Passage: Hebrews 3:1-19
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
1. And so, dear brothers and sisters who belong to God and are partners with those called to heaven, think carefully about this Jesus whom we declare to be God's messenger and High Priest.
2. For he was faithful to God, who appointed him, just as Moses served faithfully when he was entrusted with God's entire house.
3. But Jesus deserves far more glory than Moses, just as a person who builds a house deserves more praise than the house itself.
4. For every house has a builder, but the one who built everything is God.
5. Moses was certainly faithful in God's house as a servant. His work was an illustration of the truths God would reveal later.
6. But Christ, as the Son, is in charge of God's entire house. And we are God's house, if we keep our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ.
7. That is why the Holy Spirit says, "Today when you hear his voice,
8. don't harden your hearts as Israel did when they rebelled, when they tested me in the wilderness.
9. There your ancestors tested and tried my patience, even thought they saw my miracles for forty years.
10. So I was angry with them, and I said, 'Their hearts always turn away from me. They refuse to do what I tell them.'
11. So in my anger I took an oath: 'They will never enter my place of rest.' "
12. Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God.
13. You must warn each other every day, while it is still "today," so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.
14. For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.
15. Remember what it says: "Today when you hear his voice, don't harden your hearts as Israel did when they rebelled."
16. And who was it who rebelled against God, even though they heard his voice? Wasn't it the people Moses led out of Egypt?
17. And who made God angry for forty years? Wasn't it the people who sinned, whose corpses lay in the wilderness?
18. And to whom was God speaking when he took an oath that they would never enter his rest? Wasn't it the people who disobeyed him?
19. So we see that because of their unbelief they were not able to enter his rest.
Hebrews 3:1-19 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.