read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Believer's Rest
Today's Passage: Hebrews 4:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
1. God's promise of entering his rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it.
2. For this good news ⏤ that God has prepared this rest ⏤ has been announced to us just as it was to them. But it did them no good because they didn't share the faith of those who listened to God.
3. For only we who believe can enter his rest. As for the others, God said,
"In my anger I took an oath: 'They will never enter my place of rest,' "
even though this rest has been ready since he made the world.
4. We know it is ready where it mentions the seventh day: "On the seventh day God rested from all his work."
5. But in the other passage God said, "They will never enter my place of rest.'
6. So God's rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God.
7. So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today, God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted:
"Today when you hear his voice, don't harden your hearts."
8. Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come.
9. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God.
10. For all who have entered into God's rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world.
11. So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall.
12. For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.
13. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.
Hebrews 4:1-13 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.