read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Family of David
Hard to Read, Yet, oh so Important to Value The People in the Lists
Today's Passage: 1 Chronicles 3:1-24
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Genealogies, Lists, and Such.
AN ASIDE: Jezreel means: God will plant. I myself love that word!
1. These are the sons of David who were born in Hebron:
The oldest was Amnon, whose mother was Ahinoam from Jezreel.
The second was Daniel, whose mother was Abigail from Carmel.
2. The third was Absalom, whose mother was Maacah, the daughter of Talmai, king of Geshur.
The fourth was Adonijah, whose mother was Haggith.
3. The fifth was Shephatiah, whose mother was Abital.
The sixth was Ithream, whose mother was Eglah, David's wife.
4. These six sons were born to David in Hebron, where he reigned seven and a half years.
Then David reigned another thirty-three years in Jerusalem.
5. The sons born to David in Jerusalem included Shammua, Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon. Their mother was Bathsheba, the daughter of Ammiel.
6. David also had nine other sons: Ibhar, Elishua, Elpelet,
7, Nogah, Nepheg, Japhia,
8. Elishama, Eliada, and Eliphelet.
9. These were the sons of David, not including his sons born to his concubines.
Their sister was named Tamar.
10. The descendants of Solomon were Rehoboam, Abijah, Asa Jehoshaphat,
11. Jehoram, Ahaziah, Joash,
12. Amaziah, Uzziah, Jotham,
13. Ahaz, Hezekiah, Manasseh,
14. Amon, and Josiah.
15. The sons of Josiah were Johanan (the oldest), Jehoiakim (the second),
Zedekiah (the third(, and Jehoahaz (the fourth).
16. The successors of Jehoiakim were his son Jehoiachin and his brother Zedekiah.
17. The sons of Jehoiachin, who was taken prisoner by the Babylonians, were Shealtiel,
18. Malkiram, Pedaiah, Shenazzar, Jekamiah, Hoshama, and Nedabiah.
19. The sons of Pedaiah were Zerubbabel and Shimei.
The sons of Zerubbabel were Meshullam and Hananiah. (Their sister was Shelomith.)
20. His five other sons were Hashubah, Ohel, Berekiah, Hasadiah, and Jushab-hesed.
21. The sons of Hananiah were Pelatiah and Jeshaiah. Jeshaiah's son was Rephaiah. Rephaiah's son was Arnan. Arnan's son was Obadiah, Obadiah's son was Shecaniah.
22. The descendants of Shecaniah were Shemaiah and his sons, Hattush, Igal, Bariah, Neariah, and Shaphat ⏤six in all.
23. The sons of Neariah were Elioenai, Hizkiah, and Azrikam ⏤three in all.
24. The sons of Elioenai were Hodaviah, Eliashib, Pelaiah, Akkub, Johnan, Delaiah, and Anani ⏤seven in all.
1 Chronicles 3:1-24 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.