read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Destruction in Israel and Judah
Today's Passage: Micah 1:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
A Verse of Treasure
1. Enter your time with the LORD in prayer.
2. Ask Him to give your heart what you need.
3. Read the verse or few verses you have set before you.
4. Ask Him to bring you what He wants to share with you.
5. Thank Him for His guidance.
1. The LORD gave this message to Micah of Moresheth during the years when Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah were kings of Judah. The visions he saw concerned both Samaria and Jerusalem.
2. Attention! Let all the people of the world listen!
Let the earth and everything in it hear.
The Sovereign LORD is making accusations against you;
the LORD speaks from his holy Temple.
3. Look! The LORD is coming!
He leaves his throne in heaven and tramples the heights of the earth.
4. The mountains melt beneath his feet and flow into the valleys like wax in a fire,
like water pouring down a hill.
5. And why is this happening?
Because of the rebellion of Israel ⏤ yes, the sins of the whole nation.
Who is to blame for Israel's rebellion?
Samaria, its capital city!
Where is the center of idolatry in Judah?
In Jerusalem, its capital!
6. "So I, the LORD, will make the city of Samaria a heap of ruins.
Her streets will be plowed up for planting vineyards.
I will roll the stones of her walls into the valley below, exposing her foundations.
7. All her carved images will be smashed.
All her sacred treasures will be burned.
These things were bought with the money earned by her prostitution,
and they will now be carried away to pay prostitutes elsewhere."
8. Therefore, I will mourn and lament.
I will walk around barefoot and naked.
I will howl like a jackal and moan like an owl.
9. For my people's wound is too deep to heal.
It has reached into Judah, even to the gates of Jerusalem.
10. Don't tell our enemies in Gath, don't weep at all.
You people in Beth-leaphrah, roll in the dust to show your despair.
11. You people in Shaphir, go as captives into exile ⏤ naked and ashamed.
The people of Zaanan dare not come outside their walls.
The people of Beth-ezel mourn, for their house has no support.
12. The people of Maroth anxiously wait for relief,
but only bitterness awaits them as the LORD'S judgment reaches even to the gates of Jerusalem.
13. Harness your chariot horses and flee, you people of Lachish.
You were the first city in Judah to follow Israel in her rebellion, and you led Jerusalem into sin.
14. Send farewell gifts to Moresheth-gath; there is no hope of saving it.
The town of Aczib has deceived the kings of Israel.
15. O people of Mareshah, I will bring a conqueror to capture your town.
And the leaders of Israel will go to Adullam.
16. Oh, people of Judah, shave your heads in sorrow,
for the children you love will be snatched away.
Make yourselves as bald as a vulture,
for your little ones will be exiled to distant lands.
Micah 1:1-16 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.