read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jeremiah's Call and Commission
Today's Passage: Jeremiah 1:1-19
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Meditation in WORSHIP
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
1. These are the words of Jeremiah son of Hilkiah, one of the priests from the town of Anathoth in the land of Benjamin.
2. The LORD first gave messages to Jeremiah during the thirteenth year of the reign of Josiah son of Amon king of Judah.
3. The LORD'S messages continued throughout the reign of King Jehoiakim, Josiah's son, until the eleventh year of the reign of King Zedekiah, another of Josiah's sons. In August of that eleventh year the people of Jerusalem were taken away as captives.
4. The LORD gave me this message:
5. "I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations."
6. "O Sovereign LORD," I said, "I can't speak for you! I'm too young!"
7. The LORD replied, "Don't say, I'm too young.' for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you.
8. And don't be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the LORD, have spoken!"
9. Then the LORD reached out and touched my mouth and said,
"Look I have put my words in your mouth!"
10. Today I appoint you to stand up against the nations and kingdoms.
Some you must uproot and tear down, destroy and overthrow.
Others you must build up and plant."
11. Then the LORD said to me, "Look, Jeremiah! What do you see?"
And I replied, "I see a branch from an almond tree."
12. And the LORD said, "That's right, and it means that I am watching, and I will certainly carry out all my plans."
13. Then the LORD spoke to me again and asked, "What do you see now?"
And I replied, "I see a pot of boiling water, spilling from the north."
14. "Yes," the LORD said, "for terror from the north will boil out on the people of this land.
15. Listen! I am calling the armies of kingdoms of the north to come to Jerusalem. I, the LORD, have spoken!
"They will set their thrones at the gates of the city.
They will attack its walls and all the other towns of Judah.
16. I will pronounce judgment on my people for all their evil — for deserting me and burning incense to other gods.
Yes, they worship idols made with their own hands!
17. "Get up and prepare for action. Go out and tell them everything I tell you to say. Do not be afraid of them, or I will make you look foolish in front of them.
18. For see, today I have made you strong like a fortified city that cannot be captured, like an iron pillar or a bronze wall.
You will stand against the whole land — the kings, officials, priests and people of Judah.
19. They will fight you, but they will fail. For I am with you, and I will take care of you. I, the LORD, have spoken!"
Jeremiah 1:1-19 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.