read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Law of Grain Offerings
Today's Passage: Leviticus 2:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. "When you present grain as an offering to the LORD, the offering must consist of choice flour. You are to pour olive oil on it, sprinkle it with frankincense,
2. and bring it to Aaron's sons, the priests. The priest will scoop out a handful of the flour moistened with oil, together with all the frankincense, and burn this representative portion on the altar. It is a special gift, a pleasing aroma to the LORD.
3. The rest of the grain offering will then be given to Aaron and his sons. This offering will be considered a most holy part of the special gifts presented to the LORD.
4. "If your offering is a grain offering baked in an oven, it must be made of choice flour, but without any yeast. It may be presented in the form of thin cakes mixed with olive oil or wafers spread with olive oil.
5. If your grain offering is cooked on a griddle, it must be made of choice flour mixed with olive oil but without any yeast.
6. Break it in pieces and pour olive oil on it; it is a grain offering.
7. If your grain offering is prepared in a pan, it must be made of choice flour and olive oil.
8. "No matter how a grain offering for the LORD has been prepared, bring it to the priest, who will present it at the altar.
9. The priest will take a representative portion of the grain offering and burn it on the altar. It is a special gift, a pleasing aroma to the LORD.
10. The rest of the grain offering will be given to Aaron and his sons as their food. This offering will be considered a most holy part of the special gifts presented to the LORD.
11. "Do not use yeast in preparing any of the grain offerings you present to the LORD, because no yeast or honey may be burned as special gift presented to the LORD.
12. You may add yeast and honey to an offering of the first crops of your harvest, but these must never be offered on the altar as a pleasing aroma to the LORD.
13. Season all your grain offerings with salt to remind you of God's eternal covenant. Never forget to add salt to your grain offerings.
14. "If you present a grain offering to the LORD from the first portion of your harvest, bring fresh grain that is coarsely ground and roasted on a fire.
15. Put olive oil on this rain offering, and sprinkle it with frankincense.
16. The priest will take a representative portion of the grain moistened with oil, together with all the frankincense, and burn it is a special gift presented to the LORD.
Leviticus 2:1-16 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.