read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God Raises Adversaries
Today's Passage: 1 Kings 11:14-25
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Called to Evaluate Our Choices
14. Then the LORD raised up Hadad the Edomite, a member of Edom's royal family, to be Solomon's adversary.
15. Years before, David had defeated Edom. Joab, his army commander, had stayed to bury some of the Israelite soldiers who had died in battle. While there, they killed every male in Edom.
16. Joab and the army of Israel had stayed there for six months killing them.
17. But Hadad and a few of his father's royal officials escaped and headed for Egypt. (Hadad was just a boy at the time.)
18. They set out from Midian and went to Paran, where others joined them. Then they traveled to Egypt and went to Pharaoh, who gave them a home, food, and some land.
19. Pharaoh grew very fond of Hadad, and he gave him his wife's sister in marriage — the sister of Queen Tahpenes.
20. She bore him a son named Genubath. Tahpenes raised him in Pharaoh's palace among Pharaoh's own sons.
21. When the news reached Hadad in Egypt that David and his commander Joab were both dead, he said to Pharaoh, "Let me return to my own county."
22. "Why?" Pharaoh asked him. "What do you lack here that makes you want to go home?"
"Nothing," he replied. "But even so, please let me return home."
23. God also raised up Rezon son of Eliada as Solomon's adversary. Rezon had fled from his master, King Hadadezer of Zobah,
24. and had become the leader of a gang of rebels After David conquered Hadadezer, Rezon and his men fled to Damascus, where he became king.
25. Rezon was Israel's bitter adversary for the rest of Solomon's reign, and he made trouble, just as Hadad did. Rezon hated Israel intensely and continued to reign in Aram.
1 Kings 11:14-25 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.