read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
God Invites Repentance
Today's Passage: Jeremiah 3:11-25
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
(And, But, So) the LORD says/said:...
11. Then the LORD said to me, "Even faithless Israel is less guilty than treacherous Judah!
12. Therefore, go and give this message to Israel. This is what the LORD says:
"O Israel, my faithless people, come home to me again, for I am merciful.
I will not be angry with you forever.
13. Only acknowledge your guilt. Admit that you rebelled against the LORD your God and committed adultery against him by worshiping idols under every greet tree. Confess that you refused to listen to my voice. I, the LORD, have spoken!
14. "Return home, you wayward children," says the LORD, "for I am your master, I will bring you back to the land of Israel — one from his town and two from that family — from wherever you are scattered.
15. And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will guide you with knowledge and understanding.
16. "And when your land is once more filled with people," says the LORD, "you will no longer wish for 'the good old days' when you possessed the Ark of the LORD's Covenant. You will not miss those days or even remember them, and there will be no need to rebuild the Ark.
17. In that day Jerusalem will be known as 'The Throne of the LORD.' All nations will come there to honor the LORD. They will no longer stubbornly follow their own evil desires.
18. In those days the people of Judah and Israel will return together from exile in the north. They will return to the land I gave their ancestors as an inheritance forever.
19. "I thought to myself, 'I would love to treat you as my own children!' I wanted nothing more than to give you this beautiful land — the finest possession in the world. I looked forward to your calling me 'Father.' and I wanted you never to turn from me.
20. But you have been unfaithful to me, you people of Israel! You have been like a faithless wife who leaves her husband. I, the LORD, have spoken."
21. Voices are heard high on the windswept mountains, the weeping and pleading of Israel's people. For they have chosen crooked paths and have forgotten the LORD their God.
22. "My wayward children," says the LORD, "come back to me, and I will heal your wayward hearts."
"Yes, we're coming.," the people reply, "for you are the LORD our God.
23. Our worship of idols on the hills and our religious orgies on the mountains are a delusion. Only in the LORD our God will Israel ever find salvation.
24. From childhood we have watched as everything our ancestors worked for — their flocks and herds, their sons and daughters — was squandered on a delusion.
25. Let us now lie down in shame and cover ourselves with dishonor, for we and our ancestors have sinned against the LORD our God. From our childhood to this day we have never obeyed him."
Jeremiah 3:11-25 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.