read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Goal of Life
1. Today's Passage: Philippians 3:1-11
Get to know your bible.
Or find the New American Standard Bible (NASB) version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the New Living Testament (NLT).
1. Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord, I never get tired of telling you these things and I do it to safeguard your faith.
2. Watch out for those dogs, those people who do evil, those mutilators who say you must be circumcised to be saved.
3. For we who worship by the Spirit of God are the ones who are truly circumcised. We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us. We put no confidence in human effort.
4. though I could have confidence in my own effort if anyone could. I indeed, if others have reason for confidence in their own efforts, I have even more!
5. I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin⎯a real Hebrew if there ever was one. I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law.
6. I was so zealous that I harshly persecuted the church. And as for righteousness, I obeyed the law without fault.
7. I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done.
8. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ
9. and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith.
10. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death,
11. so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!
Philippians 3:1-11 NLT
As always, please begin reading after prayer.
Ask God for revelation over this scripture.
Please read this passage slowly.
These three questions came to me as I read these verses.
Paul counted all of his good deeds as worthless.
Would you be willing to list your good deeds today?
Would you be willing to lay them before Christ's feet?
What does it mean to you to enter the resurrection, to share in his death?
Please ask yourself three questions about the passage.
Meditate on those questions.
Answer them as you are given insight.
Would you be willing to share your questions in the comments?
God, Righteousness Complete.
We come to you today and ask you to open our minds that we may
understand these verses.
Place these words in our hearts.
In your holy name Jesus,
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.