read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Casts Out Demons
Today's Passage: Matthew 8:28-34
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
From the Ancients - Lectio Divina
28. When Jesus arrived on the other side of the lake, in the region of the Gadarenes, two men who were possessed by demons met him. They lived in a cemetery and were so violent that no one could go through that area.
29. They began screaming at him, "Why are you interfering with us, Son of God? Have you come here to torture us before God's appointed time?"
30. There happened to be a large herd of pigs feeding in the distance.
31. So the demons begged, "If you cast us out, send us into that herd of pigs."
32. "All right, go!" Jesus commanded them. So the demons came out of the men and plunged down the steep hillside into the lake and drowned in the water.
33. The herdsmen fled to the nearby town, telling everyone what happened to the demon-possessed men.
34. Then the entire town came out to meet Jesus. but they begged him to go away and leave them alone.
Matthew 8:28-34 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.