read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Goal of Life (continued)
1. Today's Passage: Philippians 3:12-21
Get to know your bible.
Or, read from New American Standard Bible (NASB) version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the chapter below from the New Living Testament (NLT).
12. I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.
13. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing:
Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,
14. I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
15. Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you.
16. But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.
17. Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example.
18. For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ.
19. They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth.
20. But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior,
21. He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control.
Philippians 3:12-22 NLT
2. Please consider re-reading and using
the 2nd Strategy, Worship
It is found on the
Reading/Reflecting Strategies page
3. This is such a rich and powerful passage.
I ask that you bring your heart and mind to these words.
These words are given to us to become better acquainted with God,
Please consider these verses.
4. Please leave your name and your last initial in the comments.
Getting into the word daily,
We have been here for 67 days.
Blessings on each of you.
We are so happy you are here.
Please pray for us, We pray for you.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.