read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Peter Reports at Jerusalem
Today's Passage: Acts 11:1-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. Soon the news reached the apostles and other believers in Judea that the Gentiles had received the word of God.
2. But when Peter arrived back in Jerusalem, the Jewish believers criticized him.
3. "You entered the home of Gentiles and even ate with them!" they said.
4. Then Peter told them exactly what had happened.
5. "I was in the town of Joppa," he said "and while I was praying, I went into a trance and saw a vision. Something like a large sheet was let down by its four corners from the sky. And it came right down to me.
6. When I looked inside the sheet, I saw all sorts of small animals, wild animals, reptiles, and birds.
7. And I heard a voice say, 'Get up, Peter; kill and eat them.'
8. 'No, Lord,' I replied 'I have never eaten anything that our Jewish laws have declared impure or unclean.'
9. "But the voice from heaven spoke again: 'Do not call something unclean if God has made it clean.'
10. This happened three times before the sheet and all it contained was pulled back up to heaven.
11. "Just then three men who had been sent from Caesarea arrived at the house where we were staying.
12. The Holy Spirit told me to go with them and not to worry that they were Gentiles. These six brothers here accompanied me, and we soon entered the home of the man who had sent for us.
13. He told us how an angel had appeared to him in his home and had told him, 'Send messengers to Joppa, and summon a man named Simon Peter.
14. He will tell you how you and everyone in your household can be saved!'
15. "As I began to speak," Peter continued, "the Holy Spirit fell on them, just as he fell on us at the beginning.
16. Then I thought of the Lord's words when he said, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'
17. And since God gave these Gentiles the same gift he gave us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to stand in God's way?
18. When the others heard this, they stopped objecting and began praising God. They said, "We can see that God has also given the Gentiles the privilege of repenting of their sins and receiving eternal life."
Acts 11:1-18 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.