read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Message Given to Pharaoh, King of Egypt
1. Today's Passage: Ezekiel 31:1-18
Get to know your bible.
Or find the New American Standard Bible version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or for your convenience I have typed the chapter below from the New Living Testament (NLT).
1. On June 21, during the eleventh year of King Jehoiachin's captivity, this message came to me from the LORD:
2. "Son of man give this message to Pharaoh, king of Egypt, and all his hordes:
"To whom would you compare your greatness?
3. You are like mighty Assyria, which was once like a cedar of Lebanon, with beautiful brances that case deep forest shade and with it top high among the clouds.
4. Deep springs watered it and helped it to grow tall and luxuriant.
The water flowed around it like a river, streaming to all the trees nearby.
5. This great tree towered high, higher than all the other trees around it.
I prospered and grew long thick branches because of all the water at its roots.
6. The birds nested in its branches, and in its shade all the wild animals gave birth.
All the great nations on the world lived in its shadow.
7. It was strong and beautiful, with wide -spreading branches, for its roots went deep into abundant water.
8. No other cedar in the garden of God could rival it.
No cypress had branches to equal it; no pane tree had boughs to compare.
No tree in the garden of God came close to it in beauty.
9. Because I made this tree so beautiful, and gave it such magnificent foliage, it was the envy of all the other trees of Eden, the garden of God.
10. "Therefore, this is what the Sovereign LORD said: Because Egypt became proud and arrogant, and because it set itself so high above the others, with its top reaching to the clouds,
11. I will hand it over to a mighty nation that will destroy it as its wickedness deserves, I have already discarded it.
12. A foreign army⎯the terror of the nations⎯has cut it down and left it fallen on the ground. Its branches are scattered across the mountains and valleys and ravines of the land. All those who lived in its shadow have gone away and left it lying there.
13. "The birds roost on its fallen trunk, and the wild animals lie among its branches.
14. Let the tree of no other nation proudly exult in its prosperity,
though it be higher than the clouds
and it be watered from the depths.
For all are doomed to die,
to go down to the depths of the earth.
They will land in the pit
along with everyone else on earth.
15. This is what the Sovereign LORD says:
When Assyria went down to the grave,
I made the deep springs mourn.
I stopped its rivers and dried up its abundant water.
I clothed Lebanon in black and caused the trees of the field to wilt.
16. I made the nations shake with fear at the sound of its fall,
for I sent it down to the grave with all the others who descend to the pit.
And all the other proud trees of Eden,
the most beautiful an the best of Lebanon,
the ones whose roots went deep into the water,
took comfort to find it there with the in the depths of the earth.
17. Its allies, too, were all destroyed and had passed away.
They had gone down to the grave⎯all those whose nations that had lived in its shade.
18. "O Egypt, to which of the trees of Eden will you compare your strength and glory? You, too, will be brought down to the depths with all these other nations. You will lie there among the outcasts who have died by the sword. This will be the fate of Pharaoh and all his hordes. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken!"
Ezekiel 31 NLT
God's words were not always easy to hear, nor to share.
Imagine being Ezekiel.
Pick a strategy.
I know which strategy I would choose.
I give you a challenge, this Saturday.
What strategy would you choose?
Please share in the comments.
Please leave your name and your last initial in the comments.
Please pray for us, we deeply desire to serve Him.
Your Old Testament is filled with prophesy and wisdom books.
It is filled with words of encouragement and words of warning.
Please open our ears to hear what you would want us to hear.
Open our hearts to receive your words.
Open our minds to meditate upon the words that you would have us see, and hear.
Hide them today in our hearts.
In Your Precious Holy Name Jehoshua
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.