read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Hosea's Second Symbolic Marriage
Today's Passage: James 1:17-27
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
19. Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.
20. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires.
21. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.
22. But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.
23. For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror.
24. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like.
25. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.
26. If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless.
27. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God and Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:19-27 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.