read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus, Redeemer, and High Priest⎯ He Understands Us
1. Today's Passage: Hebrews 4:14-5:10
Are you getting to know your bible?
Find the New American Standard Bible (NASB) version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience, I have typed the chapter below
from the New Living Testament (NLT).
14. So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe.
15. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin.
16. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
1. Every high priest is a man chosen to represent other people in their dealing with God. He presents their gifts to God and offers sacrifices for their sins.
2. And he is able to deal gently with ignorant and wayward people because he himself is subject to the same weaknesses.
3. That is why he must offer sacrifices for his own sins as well as theirs.
4. And no one can become a high priest simply because he wants such an honor. He must be called by God for this work just as Aaron was.
5. That is why Christ did not honor himself by assuming he could become High Priest. No, he was chosen by God who said to him,
"You are my Son.
Today I have become your Father."
6. And in another passage God said to him,
"You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek."
7. While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could rescue him from death. And God heard his prayers because of his deep reverence for God.
8. Even though Jesus was God's Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered.
9. In this way, God qualified him as a perfect High Priest, and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him.
10. And God designated him to be a High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.
Hebrews 4:14-5:10 NLT
Oh what a wonderful Savior we serve.
He was called to be our High Priest.
What? Jesus makes it possible for us to come boldly before the Throne of God!
Jesus had reference for God?
These are just some of the wonderful nuggets of truth hidden in this passage.
Please pray, read, and meditate in whatever way you would find helpful.
This passage is a foundational truth in the Word of God.
To realize we have a relationship with God through Jesus deepened through an understanding of this scripture.
My prayer for our community:
Please Great Almighty Jehovah,
Give us understanding as we seek YOU.
In your Holy and Mighty name we pray.
This is only for Your glory and to testify to your Greatness.
In your name, our High Priest, Redeemer Jesus, we pray,
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.