read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Today's Passage: Ephesians 1:1-14
Are you getting to know your bible?
Or if it is better for you find the chapter NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience, I have typed the chapter below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
1. This letter is from Paul, chosen by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus.
I am writing to God's holy people in Ephesus, who are faithful followers of Christ Jesus.
2. May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
3. All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.
4. Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
5. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.
6. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son.
7. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.
8. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.
9. God has now revealed to us his mysterious plan regarding Christ, a plan to fulfill his own good pleasure.
10. And this is the plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ⎯everything in heaven and on earth.
11. Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.
12. God's purpose was that we Jews who were the first to trust in Christ would bring praise and glory to God.
13. And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago.
14. The Spirit is God's guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him.
Ephesians 1:1-14 NLT
Today we will try a new strategy.
a. Pray for God to bring the words that you need to meditate on throughout this day.
b. Read the entire passage.
c. Read the passage again and ask God to give you words that repeat.
d. Choose one word that repeats in this passage and reread only the verses that contain that word.
e. Does that word have a 'focused thought' that surrounds it.
f. Think about that 'focused thought'
g. Is God drawing you to meditate on that thought today? / Or, is He drawing you to meditate on that particular verse that stood out to you?
May I pray ?
Father, Heavenly Father,
We come to you with this desire.
To became more acquainted with you and with your love for us.
Give us the thought/verse you would want each of us to meditate upon.
The one thought/verse from all of these verses.
Hold us in your love as we move into a deeper understanding of how important you are to our lives.
In your name Jehoshua,
Please leave your name and last initial in the comments.
Are you able to testify to God's prompting today?
We would be blessed by your response.
Problems? Please contact Biff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: email@example.com
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.