read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Eliphaz: Innocent Do Not Suffer
Today's Passage: Job 4:1-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Oh My, I see me.
1. Then Eliphaz the Temanite replied to Job:
2. "Will you be patient and let me say a word? For who could keep from speaking out?
3. "In the past you have encouraged many people; you have strengthened those who were weak.
4. Your words have supported those who were falling; you encouraged those with shaky knees.
5. But now when trouble strikes, you lose heart. You are terrified when it touches you.
6. Doesn't your reverence for God give you confidence? Doesn't your life of integrity give you hope?
7. "Stop and think! Do the innocent die? When have the upright been destroyed?
8. My experience shows that those who plan trouble and cultivate evil will harvest the same.
9. A breath from God destroys them. They vanish in a blast of his anger.
10. The lion roars and the wildcat snarls, but the teeth of strong lions will be broken.
11. The fierce lion will starve for lack of prey, and the cubs of the lioness will be scattered.
12. "This truth was given to me in secret, as though whispered in my ear.
13. It came to me in a disturbing vision at night, when people are in a deep sleep.
14. Fear gripped me, and my bones trembled.
15. A spirit swept past my face, and my hair stood on end.
16. The spirit stopped, but I couldn't see its shape. There was a form before my eyes. In the silence I heard a voice say,
17. 'Can a mortal be innocent before God? Can anyone be pure before the Creator?'
18. "If God does not trust his own angels and has charged his messengers with foolishness,
19. how much less will he trust people made of clay! They are made of dust, crushed as easily as a moth.
20. They are alive in the morning but dead by evening, gone forever without a trace.
21. Their tent-cords are pulled and the tent collapses, and they die in ignorance.
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.