read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Nebuchadnezzar's Dream & A Tree
Today's Passage: Daniel 4:1-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
God uses story to prepare our hearts for truth.
1. King Nebuchadnezzar sent this message to the people of every race and nation and language throughout the world:
"Peace and prosperity to you!
2. "I want you all to know about the miraculous signs and wonders the Most High God has performed for me.
3. How great are his signs, how powerful his wonders! His kingdom will last forever, his rule through all generations.
4. "I, Nebuchadnezzar, was living in my palace in comfort and prosperity.
5. But one night I had a dream that frightened me; I saw visions that terrified me as I lay in my bed.
6. So I issued an order calling in all the wise men of Babylon, so they could tell me what my dream meant.
7. When all the magicians enchanters, astrologers, and fortune-tellers came in, I told them the dream, but they could not tell me what it meant.
8. At last Daniel came in before me, and I told him the dream, (He was named Belteshazzar after my god, and the spirit of the holy gods is in him.)
9. "I said to him, 'Belteshazzar, chief of the magicians, I know that the spirit of the holy gods is in you and that no mystery is too great for you to solve. Now tell me what my dream means.
10. " 'While I was lying in my bed, this is what I dreamed. I saw a large tree in the middle of the earth.
11. The tree grew very tall and strong, reaching high into the heavens for all the world to see.
12. It had fresh green leaves, and it was loaded with fruit for all to eat. Wild animals lived in its shade, and birds nested in its branches. All the world was fed from this tree.
13." 'Then as I lay there dreaming. I saw a messenger, a holy one, coming down from heaven.
14. The messenger shouted,
"Cut down the tree and lop off its branches! Shake off its leaves and scatter its fruit! Chase the wild animals from its shade and the birds from its branches.
15. But leave the stump and the roots in the ground, bound with a band of iron and bronze and surrounded by tender grass. Now let him be drenched with the dew of heaven, and let him live with the wild animals among the plants of the field.
16. For seven periods of time, let him have the mind of a wild animal instead of the mind of a human.
17. For this has been decreed by the messengers; it is commanded by the holy ones, so that everyone may know that the Most High rules over the kingdoms of the world. He gives them to anyone he chooses — even to the lowliest of people."
18. " 'Belteshazzar, that was the dream that I, King Nebuchadnezzar, had. Now tell me what it means, for none of the wise men of my kingdom can do so. But you can tell me because the spirit of the holy gods is in you.'
Daniel 4:1-18 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.