read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Other Descendants of Judah
Today's Passage: 1 Chronicles 4:1-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Genealogies, Lists, and Such.
1. The descendants of Judah were Perez, Hezron, Carmi, Hur, and Shobal.
2. Shobal's son Reaiah was the father of Jahath.
Jahath was the father of Ahumai and Lahad. These were the families of the Zorathites.
3. The descendants of Etam were Jezreel, Ishma, Idbash, their sister Hazzelelponi,
4. Penuel (the father of Gedor), and Ezer (the father of Hushah). These were the descendants of Hur (the firstborn of Ephrathah), the ancestor of Bethlehem.
5. Ashhur (the father of Tekoa) had two wives, named Helah and Naarah.
6. Naarah gave birth to Ahuzzam, Hepher, Temeni, and Haahashtari.
7. Helah gave birth to Zereth, Izhar, Ethnan,
8. and Koz, who became the ancestor of Anub, Zobebah, and all the families of Aharhel son of Harum.
9. There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. His mother named him Jabez because his birth had been so painful.
10. He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!" And God granted him his request.
11. Kelub (the brother of Shuhah) was the father of Mehir. Mehir was the father of Eshton.
12. Eshton was the father of Beth-rapha, Paseah, and Tehinnah. Tehinnah was the father of Ir-nahash. These were the descendants of Recah.
13. The sons of Kenaz were Othniel and Seraiah. Othniel's sons were Hathath and Meonothai.
14. Meonothai was the father of Ophrah. Seraiah was the father of Joab, the founder of the Valley of Craftsmen, so called because they were craftsmen.
15. The sons of Caleb son of Jephunneh were Iru, Elah, and Naam. The son of Elah was Kenaz.
16. The sons of Jehallelel were Ziph, Ziphah, Tiria, and Asarel.
17. The sons of Ezrah were Jether, Mered, Epher, and Jalon. One of Mered's wives became the mother of Miriam, Shammai, and Ishbah (the father of Eshtemoa).
18. He married a woman from Judah, who became the mother of Jered (the father of Gedor), Heber (the father of Soco), and Jekuthiel (the father of Zanoah). Mered also married Bithia, a daughter of Pharaoh, and she bore him children.
19. Hodiah's wife was the sister of Naham. One of her sons was the father of Keilah the Garmite, and another was the father of Eshtemoa the Maacathite.
20. The sons of Shimon were Ammon, Rinnah, Ben-hanan, and Tilon. The descendants of Ishi were Zoheth and Ben-zoheth.
1 Chronicles 4:1-20 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.