read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Teaching at Nazareth
Today's Passage: Mark 6:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
1. Jesus left that part of the country and returned with his disciples to Nazareth, his hometown.
2. The next Sabbath he began teaching in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. They asked, "Where did he get all this wisdom and the power to perform such miracles?"
3. Then they scoffed, "He's just a carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon. And his sisters live right here among us." They were deeply offended and refused to believe in him.
4. Then Jesus told them, "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family."
5. And because of their unbelief, he couldn't do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them.
6. And he was amazed at their unbelief.
Then Jesus went from village to village teaching the people.
7. And he called his twelve disciples together and began sending them out two by two, giving them authority to cast out evil spirits.
8. He told them to take nothing for their journey except a walking stick — no food, no traveler's bag, no money.
9. He allowed them to wear sandals but not to take a change of clothes.
10. "Wherever you go," he said, "stay in the same house until you leave town.
11. But if any place refuses to welcome you or listen to you, shake its dust from your feet as you leave to show that you have abandoned those people to their fate."
12. So the disciples went out, telling everyone they met to repent of their sins and turn to God.
13. And they cast out many demons and healed many sick people, anointing them with olive oil.
Mark 6:-13 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.