read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Jesus Feeds Five Thousand
Today's Passage: Mark 6:30-44
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you for insight.
Are Miracles Involved?
30. The apostles returned to Jesus from their ministry tour and told him all they had done and taught.
31. Then Jesus said, "Let's go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile." He said this because there were so many people coming and going that Jesus and his apostles didn't even have time to eat.
32. So they left by boat for a quiet place, where they could be alone.
33. But many people recognized them and saw them leaving, and people from many towns ran ahead along the shore and got there ahead of them.
34. Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.
35. Late in the afternoon his disciples came to him and said, "This is a remote place, and it's already getting late.
36. Send the crowds away so they can go to the nearby farms and villages and buy something to eat."
37. But Jesus said, "You feed them."
"With what?" they asked. "We'd have to work for months to earn enough money to buy food for all these people!"
38. 'How much bread do you have?" he asked. "Go and find out."
They came back and reported "We have five loaves of bread and two fish."
39. Then Jesus told the disciples to have the people to sit down in groups on the green grass.
40. So they sat down in groups of fifty or a hundred.
41. Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he kept giving the bread to the disciples so they could distribute it to the people. He also divided the fish for everyone to share.
42. They all ate as much as they wanted,
43. and afterward, the disciples picked up twelve baskets of leftover bread and fish.
44. A total of 5,000 men and their families were fed from those loaves.
Mark 6:30-44 NLT
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and a comment.
Don't forget to check the box underneath your comment,
so replies will be directed to you.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Robyn & Biff Cox
RR&BC, LLC ©2016
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.